Festival Terms And Conditions
Last modified 27 January 2017
These terms and conditions apply between the you, the patron of the Sunflowerfest event (the "festival") and Sunflowerfest Unlimited CIC ("we", "us", "our" or "Sunflowerfest"), the organisers of the festival.
Please read these terms and conditions very carefully, as they affect your legal rights.
Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon purchase of tickets. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should not purchase tickets.
In these terms and conditions "staff" means any individuals attending the festival who is either (a) employed by Sunflowerfest and acting in the course of their employment or (b) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Sunflowerfest and accessing the site in connection with the provision of such services.
"You", "attendee", "the public" or "patron" means any individuals attending the festival and who are not staff, except staff who are off-duty.
"Site" means the grounds upon which the festival (including campsites and excluding carparks) occupies.
"Public areas" means areas of the site where access is not restricted to staff only including, performance areas, KidzZone, campsites and walkways.
The word "including" is understood to mean "including, but not limited to,".
The plural implies the singular and vice versa.
Site access times
- Camping ticket holders ("campers")
- Gates open at 11:00 on the first day of the festival ("Friday") for holders of family camping tickets ("family campers") only.
- Gates open at 12:00 on Friday for all other campers.
- Campers must vacate the site by 12:00 on the day after the festival ("Monday")..
- Day ticket holders ("non-campers")
- Access will only be permitted on the day that the ticket was purchased for.
- Gates open at 13:00 for non-campers with Friday tickets.
- Gates open at 10:00 for non-campers with Saturday or Sunday tickets.
- Non-campers with Friday or Saturday tickets must vacate the site by 01:00.
- Non-campers with Sunday tickets must vacate the site by 23:30.
- Campervan ticket holders
- Access is only permitted between 17:00 and 20:00 on the day before the festival (Thursday).
- Campervans must NOT vacate the site until 09:00 on Monday.
Access to the site will not be permitted outside these times.
Sunflowerfest operates a graduated pricing system to make tickets more affordable the earlier they are purchased.
One ticket allows entry for one adult and two children aged 15 years and under ("kids").
Replacements will not be issued for lost, stolen or damaged tickets.
Cancellation of the festival is the only circumstance in which ticket prices will be refunded.
Tickets cannot be used as gifts, rewards or prizes or as part of any marketing, media or sales promotions (commercial or non-commercial) without the prior written consent of Sunflowerfest.
Tickets are not transferable.
Attendees must submit their ticket to be scanned upon entry where it will be exchanged for a wristband.
All tickets are uniquely coded and only holders of official tickets will be allowed entry to the site.
If a ticket is found to have been duplicated, either in error or fraudulently, only the holder of the first ticket scanned will be admitted, regardless of original ownership, so it is your responsibility to keep your ticket secure once it has been issued to you.
Though the occurrence is rare, you should beware of unofficial ticket sellers. Attempts to use unofficial tickets to gain entry to the site will result in the ticket being rendered invalid and the holder being refused entry.
Tickets can be purchased at the gate during the festival, however these tickets can only be paid for using cash.
Wristbands will only be issued to holders of official tickets.
Your wristband will identify which public areas you are permitted access to; for example, if you are a non-camper your writsband will not allow you access to the campsites.
Re-entry to the site will only be permitted if you have a wristband that is valid for the day of re-entry.
Staff may request to see your wristband at any time. Wristbands that have been tampered with or removed from the wrist will be rendered invalid. Individuals found on site without a valid wristband or who refuse to show a wristband upon request from staff will be removed from the site and will not be permitted re-entry.
Replacements will not be issued for lost, stolen, tampered with or removed wristbands.
Wristbands are not transferrable.
Wristbands remain the property of Sunflowerfest until 17:00 on Monday.
Sunflowerfest is a festival for the whole family so patrons are reminded that children aged 17 years and under ("children") will be present in all public areas at all times.
Kids must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over ("parent") at all times, even in the KidzZone.
On entry to the site, kids will be issued with a wristband on which parents are required to write their mobile number (in case of emergencies).
Children who wish to camp must camp with parents in the family camping site(s) ("family camping").
Some acts may not be suitable for children and we will endeavour to ensure that these performances are scheduled after 19:00. Parents should check with a stage manager of a particular performance area if they wish to make sure an act is suitable for their child.
We will ask the acts not to swear or use adult concepts before 19:00, however since Sunflowerfest is a live festival, it should be noted that adherence to this cannot be guaranteed.
Campervan tickets are supplementary tickets and cover the vehicle only. Any person who wishes to attend the festival in a campervan will also need to purchase a camping ticket.
Access to and exit from the site will be via an alternate route to other campers; pay attention to signs and staff directing traffic on approach to and exit from the site.
You should bring enough supplies (including food and drink) to last until traders start to trade which will be when the gates open for family campers at 11:00 on Friday.
There will be no access to public areas, other than the field where your campervan will be located, until 11:00 on Friday.
Designated car parking areas will be made available adjacent to the site and can be used by anyone attending the festival.
There will be a fee of £5 for access and applies to all vehicles entering and re-entering the car parks, even if they are just dropping patrons off at the main entrance to the site.
We encourage patrons to, wherever possible, travel to the site using public transport, bicycles, car share schemes, our shuttle bus service or on foot in order to reduce the cost for you, reduce the number of vehicles in the car parks and reduce the level of traffic in the surrounding locality.
Health and safety
Strictly no fires; disposable BBQs and camping gas stoves may be used only in designated and signposted areas.
Cigarette butts must disposed of responsibly; disposal receptacles will be provided throughout the site.
Smoking is not permitted on any of the stages or in any covered performance area.
Excessive exposure to loud music can cause damage to your hearing (especially children); ear plugs are recommended.
Strobe lighting may be in use at any performance area.
Any patron with a serious medical condition should make themselves known to medical staff when they arrive on site.
All patrons are required to observe restricted areas and follow the instructions of staff and signage in all public areas.
Non-campers are not permitted to bring their own alcohol.
Adult campers may bring a reasonable amount of their own alcohol; 36 cans of beer/cider OR two litres of wine OR one litre of spirits per person for the weekend is considered a reasonable amount.
Alcohol will only be admitted upon first entry to the site, when you receive your wristband. Patrons entering the site who already have a wristband will not be permitted to bring alcohol so if you need to make multiple trips between the car parks and the site you must make sure to bring your alcohol with you on the first trip.
Patrons who bring alcohol may be asked to provide photographic identification ("ID") to verify their age. If ID cannot be produced when asked you will not be permitted entry to the site with alcohol.
Glass bottles are prohibited.
You are reminded that although you will feel part of a large and vibrant community, for the duration of your stay you will be resident in the countryside, on land that is a working farm during the rest of the year and as such litter is an acute problem.
You should not bring to the festival more equipment than you will be taking home again.
Any litter should either be taken home with you or disposed of responsibly in receptacles provided throughout the site.
If you purchase something new for the festival, you should remove all packaging at home before you arrive.
Glass is strictly prohibited.
A number of items are not allowed on to the site including:
- Trailers (including trailer tents)
- Caravans (a limited number of campervan tickets will be available)
- High visibility jackets / tabards (except for kids)
- Generators (except those integrated into campervans)
- Professional visual or audio recording equipment
- Zoom lenses
- Unmanned aerial vehicles / drones
- Sky / ‘Chinese’ lanterns
- Fireworks / flares / smoke cannisters
- Laser pens or other lasers
- Food, cigarettes or alcohol (other than what you bring for your own consumption)
- Animals (hearing/guide dog owners should contact email@example.com before arriving to the site)
- Glass (including glass bottles. Glass bottles required for medical reasons will only be permitted at the discretion of security staff)
- Any item or substance that is considered illegal or banned or may be used in an illegal or offensive manner
Any such items must be surrendered to security staff ("confiscated") upon entry or entry will be denied.
Trading is not allowed anywhere on the site or in the car parks without the prior written consent of Sunflowerfest.
No cash machines will be available on site; certain vendors (for example, the bar) may provide limited debit card cashback facilities.
To ensure there is enough space for everybody wishing to camp you must only bring a tent which is appropriate for the number of people sleeping in it; two people do not need an eight man tent.
All patrons (including children) may be subject to photography or film and audio recordings ("recordings") by us, security staff or police. Recordings of you as part of the audience may be used by us for our promotional purposes and no consent from you is required other than by the purchase of your ticket. Recordings may be used by security staff or police for the safety of all patrons or for crime prevention.
Reservation of rights
Although Sunflowerfest makes every effort to avoid exercising these rights (where appropriate) it should be noted that we reserve the following rights:
- To change all or any part of the festival as advertised including, but not limited to, services, dates and location. In the event that the dates or location are changed, tickets will be transferable to the new arrangements.
- To cancel all or any part of the festival. In the event of a total cancellation, your ticket price will be refunded by us up to the face value of the tickets purchased. Refunds of booking fees are subject to the terms and conditions of the point of sale.
- To alter the line up and performance times of any performance area, without notice. We will not be responsible for any loss of money or costs incurred by you if an advertised act does not perform.
- To refuse admission to any kids who are not accompanied by a parent.
- To refuse admission to or eject from the site without refund any patron who, in the opinion of security staff or the organisers, is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or behaving aggressively to others.
- To conduct body and/or bag searches of patrons at entrances, while on the site or when leaving the site and to refuse entry to or eject from the site any person who refuses to be searched by security staff.
- To confiscate any item listed in the prohibited items section and/or refuse entry to or eject from the site any person found to be in possession of such items.
Limitation of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sunflowerfest accepts no liability for:
- Any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities; Damage, injury or losses to any person
- Theft or loss of or damage to tickets or wristbands
- Theft or loss of (including where confiscated) or damage to property (including vehicles)
- Any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control
- Any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revisions will apply from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
These terms and conditions contain the whole agreement between the parties relating to its subject matter and supersede all prior discussions, arrangements or agreements that might have taken place in relation to the terms and conditions.
The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
These terms and conditions will be governed by and interpreted according to UK law. All disputes arising under these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UK courts.
Sunflowerfest Unlimited CIC is a community interest company incorporated in the UK with registered number NI618198 whose registered address is Tubby's Farm, 31 Cabra Road, Hillsborough, County Down, BT26 6NB and it operates the festival known as Sunflowerfest. The registered VAT number is 164532120.
You can contact Sunflowerfest by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.