Last modified 27 January 2017
The short version is that we will never share your information outside of our service providers except when required to do so by law, and we absolutely will never sell your information. For the long version... read on.
- When we say "we", "us", " our" or "Sunflowerfest" we are referring to Sunflowerfest Unlimited CIC, a community interest company incorporated in the United Kingdom with registered number NI618198 and whose registered office is at Tubby's Farm, 31 Cabra Road, Hillsborough, County Down, BT26 6NB.
- When we say "cookies" we mean a small text file placed on your computer by the website when you visit certain parts or use certain features of the site. The cookies we use on this site are detailed in the cookies section.
- When we say "cookie law" we mean the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
- When we say "data" we mean any and all information that you submit to Sunflowerfest via this website and the websites of service providers. This also includes, where applicable, the definitions provided in the DPA.
- When we say "DPA" we mean the Data Protection Act 1998.
- When we say "service provider" we mean a third party company or consultant that provides us with a service or product which in turn allows us to operate certain features of the website. The main service providers we use that we may share your information with are detailed in the service providers section.
- When we say "the festival" we mean the next music and arts festival known as "Sunflowerfest"
- When we say "website" or "site" we mean the website that you are currently using at sunflowerfest.co.uk and any sub-domains.
- When we say "you" or "user" we mean any third party or individual that accesses the website and is not either (a) employed by Sunflowerfest and acting in the course of their employment or (b) acting as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Sunflowerfest and accessing the site in connection with the provision of those services.
(unless the context requires a different interpretation)
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships
- The word "including" is understood to mean "including, but not limited to,"
- References to any statutory provision includes any modifications or amendments of it
We may collect personal data from you including:
- Date of Birth
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Financial information such as bank sort code and account numbers
Our use of data
For purposes of the DPA, Sunflowerfest is the "data controller".
We will not keep your data for any longer than is necessary for us to facilitate the festival unless otherwise agreed by you at the time we collect your data.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the DPA. For more details on security see the security section.
Sunflowerfest may, from time to time, employ the services of third parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal data provided by users of the site.
Any data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that we request and in accordance with the DPA. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited.
Our main service providers, along with links to their privacy policies, are:
- Google - We may use Google to collect your data
- MailChimp - We may use MailChimp to communicate with you by email
- PayLogic - We use PayLogic to process ticket sales
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your data
Wherever you are required to submit data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that data. This may include the following:
- Use of data for direct marketing purposes
- Sharing data with third parties
You can also change your preference by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Functionality of the website
To best use all features and functions available on the website, you may be required to submit certain data or agree to certain statements.
Accessing your own data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Sunflowerfest (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £10. You can request this by email to email@example.com.
Data security is of great importance to Sunflowerfest and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website and those of our service providers.
If password access is required for certain parts of our website and those of our service providers, you are responsible for keeping these passwords confidential.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data while it is being transmitted to the website or those of our service providers.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date to provide the best protection of your data.
All cookies used by this site are used in accordance with current cookie law.
The site may place the following cookies:
|Type of cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
|Functionality cookies||These are used to recognise you when you when you use our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).|
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser's privacy options. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
Using your internet browser's privacy options you can choose to delete cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently including personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.